Top Ten Tuesday: Settings I Want to See More
Each week, The Broke and Bookish host a Top Ten Tuesday based on a certain bookish topic. Other bloggers are able to participate and post their own top ten list based on the topic.
This week’s Top Ten Tuesday topic is Settings I Want to See More. Fairly self explanatory – I love books that feature settings I love and I want to see more books in those settings!
So without further adieu…
1) Europe – I lived in Europe, you guys. For six months. London, to be exact. I freaking loved it and I love books that take place in all the cities and countries I traveled to. It gives me warm, fuzzy feelings to read about a protagonist’s first time abroad because I totally connect with that. I need more abroad books.
2) Road Trips – Again, I’m a sucker for travel. I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of books that involve driving cross-country with a boy the protagonist barely knows (or knows to well). More, please!
3) Snow – I’ve never seen snow. EVER. I love to live vicariously through the wintery YA contemps with snowstorms and ice skating while I’m sitting here with in Florida with a lemonade and hand-held fan.
4) Florida – And to totally contradict my last answer, I would love to see more books set in Florida. I get super giddy whenever books and TV shows and movies mention Florida, Tallahassee, or Florida State University. I’m a loser, but whatever.
5) French Revolution – I love the sad, depressing books that leaving me heavy with sorrow and tears and what not. I love them even more when they’re based in fact. I’m a history nerd at heart and I think the French Revolution is one of my favourite time periods to learn about. So yes, I’d love to see more books set in the French Revolution!
6) Dystopian worlds – Look, I’ll never get over Dystopian books. I know people are starting to get tired of them, but I don’t anticipate this happening for me ever. I love new, creative worlds like this with questionable governments and ballsy protagonists.
And now for some more specific settings…
7) Non-Muggle World – Is there even a specific name for the world of Harry Potter? I mean, I guess I could say Hogwarts. But I need more set in this world!
8) Tortall – I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of Tamora Pierce. IT’S IMPOSSIBLE. Please give me more books set in Tortall, please!
9) Middle Earth – I could live in Middle Earth forever and ever. Especially if Aragorn is at my side.
10) The world of The Cadet of Tildor by Alex Lidell – Be still my heart! Alex Lidell has written this amazing new fantasy and I just need to read more from her world. Seriously.
While you’re here, you can subscribe to my feed :)