Waiting on Wednesday: Wild Awake by Hilary T. Smith
Waiting on Wednesday: Wild Awake
Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine. It’s a weekly meme that allows bloggers to talk about what upcoming book they’re most looking forward to read :)
Wild Awake by Hilary T. Smith – 05/28/2013
Guys, I am super excited for Wild Awake by Hilary T. Smith. It’s a debut, so hurray! And also, it sounds amazing. I am all about contemps with a music thing and all kinds of emotions and story woven in, so I have a feeling Wild Awake will be right up my alley.
Things you earnestly believe will happen while your parents are away:
1. You will remember to water the azaleas.
2. You will take detailed, accurate messages.
3. You will call your older brother, Denny, if even the slightest thing goes wrong.
4. You and your best friend/bandmate Lukas will win Battle of the Bands.
5. Amid the thrill of victory, Lukas will finally realize you are the girl of his dreams.
Things that actually happen:
1. A stranger calls who says he knew your sister.
2. He says he has her stuff.
3. What stuff? Her stuff.
4. You tell him your parents won’t be able to—
5. Sukey died five years ago; can’t he—
6. You pick up a pen.
7. You scribble down the address.
8. You get on your bike and go.
9. Things . . . get a little crazy after that.*
*also, you fall in love, but not with Lukas.
Both exhilarating and wrenching, Hilary T. Smith’s debut novel captures the messy glory of being alive, as seventeen-year-old Kiri Byrd discovers love, loss, chaos, and murder woven into a summer of music, madness, piercing heartbreak, and intoxicating joy.
Goodreads | Amazon
I mean, seriously. Doesn’t Wild Awake look freaking awesome? What are you guys waiting for? Let me know!
While you’re here, you can subscribe to my feed :)